Table of Contents
Overall score: 82/100
Tested January 2019
We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article
With its eye-catching bright yellow packaging, this Rodial eye cream combines ingredients including bee venom and haloxyl, aiming to help brighten dark circles and smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. It also aims to improve skin tone and elasticity. Available in a 25ml pot, the cream has a subtle, floral scent. (*Not recommended for those allergic to bee stings)
Available from: rodial.co.uk
GHI EXPERT VERDICT
This Bee Venom Eye cream, which scored 8/10 in our lab test, showed visible wrinkle reduction over 28 days. 96% of testers loved the smooth texture of the cream, which went a long way and left skin feeling moisturised and nourished. They also enjoyed the delicate, floral scent of the cream and felt it was easy to apply and absorbed quickly into the eye area. 95% agreed that skin appeared less puffy, with 79% also noting that dark circles appeared reduced after the test period.
- Ease of use: 5/5
- Design: 5/5
- Instruction: 5/5
- Performance: 4/5
- Absorbs well with no residue
- Has a long-lasting hydrating effect
- A little goes a long way
- Some testers didn’t notice a change in wrinkles/fine lines
- Two testers experienced slight irritation
- Some testers would have preferred a pump dispenser
All product information provided by the manufacturer is correct at time of publication.
Rodial Bee Venom Eye
Those nice people at Rodial have already enhanced the civilized world with the Rodial Bum Lift and the Rodial Boob Job and now have a new line of bee venom potions and lotions including an eye cream called Rodial Bee Venom Eye ($140). It is no surprise to see Rodial jumping on the bandwagon started by Camilla (Duchess of Cornwall) and her bee venom mask (which, incidentally, we source directly from New Zealand’s Nelson Honey), and I was intrigued to see if the new eye cream was buzzworthy.
Bee venom in cosmetics does not sting (unless you have an allergy) and in Rodial’s case it isn’t likely to do much else either since it is the very last ingredient in a list of over 50. Which is shame, since bee venom has over 19 active components including antioxidants. It deservedly gets pride of place in Nelson Honey’s Royal Nectar Original Face Mask as well as its Moisturizing Face Lift.
Rodial’s Bee Venom Eye is not exactly swarming with great ingredients and those that are here are also vying for last place, including the peptide combo Matrixyl 3000 and beta carotene. Happily, there seems to be a greater concentration of a plant stem cell from capsicum. Rodial has also thrown in the depuffer Halxoyl that is in all self-respecting eye creams these days.
And that, I think is at the nub of the problem for Rodial Bee Venom Eye. It is just a common and garden (and a tad overpriced) eye cream with the only standout being the capsicum stem cell amidst ingredients that you would normally expect to find in an eye cream over $70 and with the usual fillers, silicones, acrylics and harsh preservatives.
No wonder Rodial needed to some bee venom buzz as there is little to hum about otherwise.
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Oryza Sativa (Rice Germ) Oil, Ethlhexdodecanol, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Plysilicone-11, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceral Stearate, PEG-75 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tribehenin, Steareth-20, Alcohol, Glyceryl Behenate, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Ceteth-20, Ectoin, Lecithin, Polyacrylamide, Xanthan Gum, Capsicum Annum Meristem Cell Culture, Parfum (Fragrance) Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Disodium EDTA, Geranylgeranylisopropanol, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Laureth-7, Triethanolamine, Citric Acid, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Hydroxycitronellal, Potassium Sorbate, Limonene, Citronellol, Sodium Benzoate, Beta-Carotene, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Cyclotetrapeptide-24 Aminocyclohexane Carboxylate, Chrysin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmmitoyl Tetrapeptide, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Bee Venom
- Orders over $25 (after all discounts have been applied and before taxes are added – CA only) made on BeautifiedYou.com qualify for free USPS standard shipping. All orders under $25ship for a flat $5
- Expedited shipping options are available via USPS Priority (3-4 business days) for only $7 overnight delivery (by 3pm next day) for $40
- Most orders take 3-4 business days to process. Overnight and Second Day orders are processed the same day if made prior to 12pm PST (based on inventory availability). Orders made after will be shipped out next business day
- Lost packages must be reported to us within 30 days of the package being shipped – in order to be submitted for resolution. We will not be able to accept any inquiries submitted after the 30-day window.*
- All international orders may be subject to customs and regulation fees. Please confirm your country or territory-specific facts and regulations that may affect your international shipment before placing an order. We currently do not ship directly to Italy or Spain due to Customs & Regulations. Due to Customs & Regulations, shipping may take up to 30 days to officially reach the desired destination.
- In the event that the customer has entered a shipping address incorrectly, BeautifiedYou is unable to be held responsible. The package will be considered lost at the customer’s expense.
Beauty Bag Shipping Policy
ALL ORDERS OUTSIDE THE U.S. PLEASE NOTE: Beauty Bags are not yet available to ship Internationally for free (additional $15.00 minimum shipping fee required) (FREESHIP coupon code does not apply)
Here at BeautifiedYou.com we are dedicated to bringing you outstanding Customer Service while making your shopping experience smooth from start to finish!
We understand that online shopping can be difficult when it comes to Returns, as we aim to keep our customers 100% satisfied we have implemented a 30-day return policy whether you need to return an item due to a negative skin reaction, or simply exchange your lipstick shade our hassle free policy makes it easy to acclimate to a new skincare/beauty regimen.
*Anora Skincare Guarantee: We will guarantee that you will be 100% satisfied or your money back! We’ll even pay for the return shipping!
If you’re not completely satisfied with a product for any reason, here’s how to your return your item:
Please obtain your Return Merchandise Authorization number ( RMA ) prior to sending the product back to us.
There are 3 simple ways to do this:
- Fill out the form at the botton of this page.
- Email us at [email protected] Please include your order number along with a list of the item(s) you’d like to return. Please specify used items.
- Contact us via phone at (888) 610-6133 Mon – Fri 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. PST
Products sent back without obtaining an RMA will not be accepted.
30 Day Policy
- For products that have been used or opened, store credit will be provided and can be used towards new merchandise once the items have been received and evaluated.
- For products that have been unopened/unused, a full refund will be applied back to the original form of payment once the items have been received and evaluated
- Lost or Stolen packages must be reported within 30 days
- Products must be at least 3/4 full to receive a refund or credit
- Products must be returned before any credit or refunds will be issued. We will NOT issue a refund or store credit without first receiving your return!
- If applicable, a 20% restocking fee will be applied to all returns
Foreo and Clarisonic are subject to follow the manufacturer’s Warranty promise. Please contact either our Customer Care team or the manufacturer directly to assist with Warranty items.
Please also remember to register your device on the manufacturer’s website to ensure that your Return/Exchange goes smoothly.
Additional Return Policy Notes:
- Pre-Paid shipping labels will be created for those who receive incorrect/damaged items
- Customers are responsible for return shipment charges. We highly recommend using a shipping service with a tracking number and insurance. We cannot be responsible for lost packages without proof of delivery.
- Returns require 5-7 business days to process.
- If we ship an item in error and the product is not returned within 90 days, we will charge the customer and will refund once the item is returned.
- We reserve the right to examine all products and make the final decision on acceptance.. All parts, pieces, printed materials, and any original product packaging must be returned
Please note that we do NOT accept returns on previously returned items, Beauty Bags, items from The Art of Shaving as well as Personal Microderm Devices.