Table of Contents
- 1. Do It With the Lights On
- 2. Touch Yourself
- 3. Use Your Mouth
- 4. Be Vocal
- 5. Focus On His Sensitive Spots
- 6. Get Frisky Anywhere But In Bed
- 7. Slow Down
- 8. Show Off Your Acting Chops
- 9. Never Underestimate the Power of Foreplay
- 10. Let Him Dominate You
- 11. Do Something Taboo
- 12. Touch the Unexpected Places
- 13. Indulge His Fantasy
- 14. Dress Up
- 15. Indulge In Some Prostate Play
- 16. Expand Your Menu
- 17. Incorporate a Toy
- 18. Talk Dirty
- 1. He wants to “make love” too.
- 2. He wants you to initiate sometimes.
- 3. He wants you to be loud if you feel like it.
- 4. He wants you to actively participate.
- 5. He wants you to communicate.
- 6. He wants different positions. Seriously!
- 7. He wants you to take charge.
- 8. He wants you to be direct.
- 9. He wants all the visuals.
- 4 Sex Toys That Will Give You the Best Orgasm
- 10. He wants you to feel confident about what you like in bed.
- 11. Spontaneity = good.
- 12. He wants to mix things up.
- 13. He wants to get primal.
- 14. Sometimes, he just wants to do nothing at all.
- 15. He wants you to dominate him.
- 16. He wants to do something juuust a little kinky.
- 17. He wants to talk about his fantasies with you.
- 1. Stop overthinking things and radiate confidence
- 2. It all begins in your minds
- 3. Foreplay is everything
- 4. Game time
- 5. Make sure you compliment his performance
- 6. Be naughty and adventurous
- 1. Men respond to praise.
- 2. Some fear intimacy.
- 3. They appreciate sex for sex.
- 4. Guys want to be touched.
- 5. Yes, they have sexual fantasies.
- 6. Men want you to be vocal.
- 7. And they want you to be honest.
- 8. Guys enjoy the dance.
- 9. Speaking of pornography, it isn’t always a big deal.
- 10. Men want you to embrace sex.
- Please Your Man In Bed With Attitude
- Please Your Man In Bed With Kissing
- Please Your Man In Bed With Your Sexy Presence
- Please Your Man In Bed By Making Him Feel Desirable
- Please Your Man In Bed By Dressing Nice
- Please Your Man In Bed By Not Being A Prude
- Please Your Man In Bed By Teasing
- Please Your Man In Bed By Not Being Shy
- Please Your Man In Bed By Being Creative
- Please Your Man In Bed With Communication
- Please Your Man In Bed With Fun
- Please Your Man In Bed By Being Naughty
- Please Your Man In Bed By Mixing Things Up
- Please Your Man In Bed By Taking Control
- Please Your Man In Bed With New Tricks
- Please Your Man In Bed With Praise
- Please Your Man In Bed By Taking The Initiative
- Please Your Man In Bed With A Massage
- Please Your Man In Bed By Being Spontaneous
- Please Your Man In Bed By Slowing Down
- Please Your Man In Bed By Being Romantic
- Please Your Man In Bed By Being Sensual
- Please Your Man In Bed By Being Feminine
- Please Your Man In Bed By Being Confident
- Please Your Man In Bed By Being Happy
- Please Your Man In Bed By Being Honest
- Please Your Man In Bed By Being Playful
- Please Your Man In Bed By Not Being Selfish
- Please Your Man In Bed By Being Well Groomed
- Please Your Man In Bed By Setting The Scene
- Please Your Man In Bed By Showing Devotion
- Please Your Man In Bed With Mystery
- Please Your Man In Bed By Relaxing
- Please Your Man In Bed With Encouragement
- Please Your Man In Bed With Passion
What impresses a guy most in bed? Surprisingly (or maybe not so, guys do have a reputation for being lazy), most confessed that they’re not all that interested in theatrics or trapeze acts. In fact, many men told us that they’re simple creatures who basically just want their wives to show up. But if you’re looking to give him something extra-special, they’d love a little bit of this.
1. Do It With the Lights On
You may be worried about what your husband thinks of your post-breast-feeding boobs, your C-section scar, or that at some point, he’ll stop being attracted to you because you look a little — OK, a lot—different than you did on your wedding day. But men rarely notice your self-perceived flaws — they only become aware of them if you’re preoccupied with them or go out of your way to cover up. “It’s true, men are very visual,” says relationship expert Bernardo Mendez. “But it’s really about wanting to be able to actually see you move, preferably with no clothes on. We’re validated by how happy we can make you in bed, and that’s what we’re focused on—not on how much you may have changed.” So allow him see you. All of you.
2. Touch Yourself
Some women — and men — might find this a tad embarrassing, but hear us out. “Watching a confident woman fully connect to her sexuality is a huge turn-on for us,” says Mendez. It’s like giving your husband a private peep show, and being able to see the pleasure on your face and get a better understanding of exactly how you like to be touched is both a turn-on and a valuable lesson.
3. Use Your Mouth
Call us Captain Obvious, but… “I cannot stress this enough: We love getting blow jobs,” says dating coach Todd Valentine. “And we love when you take it upon yourselves — no asking or begging required—to give us one.” So go ahead and surprise him, and not just because it’s his birthday or you lost a bet.
4. Be Vocal
We’re not suggesting frighteningly fake porn star-moans, butmen want to know when you’re enjoying yourself. “That doesn’t necessarily mean you need to talk dirty,” says Valentine. “Commands — like ‘f— me harder’ — can make us freeze up. Telling us when you like something—’I love it when you f— me hard’— is far better.” You might wonder the point of “oohs” and “ahhs” after all these years — after all, he likely knows what works by now. But if you let yourself go and gasp a little like old times, you may be surprised by how he respond to that validation — and what his renewed excitement will do to you.
5. Focus On His Sensitive Spots
The tip of his penis should be paid special attention, says Valentine. “Handle with care, but know that a flick of the tongue here and there will leave your husband speechless.”
6. Get Frisky Anywhere But In Bed
“Men fantasize about having sex in different places,” says Dr. Scott Haltzman, author of The Secrets of Happily Married Men. While routine sex has its place, he sometimes wants to do something different—and that’s good for you too. One day, head to Ikea in search of a faux bear-skin rug (spare him the trip) and get wild in front of your fireplace. Or simply straddle him on the couch while the kids are at a sleepover — just make sure the TV is turned off behind you.
7. Slow Down
We’ve all been there: You’re totally exhausted and trying to get it over with or you’re simply caught up in what’s happening and your body naturally goes fast. But decelerating can be powerful. “Men like being able to feel everything and to have time to explore,” says Valentine. “For example, if you’re performing oral sex, take him all the way in and out very slowly so he’s just barely touching your mouth.” Once you’re done teasing him you can go full throttle, but in the beginning, a light technique goes a long way.
8. Show Off Your Acting Chops
“Many married men worry they’re going to get bored of having sex with just one woman,” says Haltzman. That’s why role-playing is so effective. In addition to having you — his fabulous wife —your husband can also get feisty with the “barista” or “maid.” “Entering into fantasy-mode automatically increases levels of dopamine, the arousal hormone, and elevates your sense of attachment,” adds Haltzman. So even after you’re through getting down with the “cop” or “pirate,” you’ll feel closer to each other for having done something novel together.
9. Never Underestimate the Power of Foreplay
Sure, guys have a reputation for wanting to get it on within seconds, but don’t get forget that the buildup can be just as hot. Whether it’s a sexy text you send to get him excited or slowly disrobing for an impromptu a striptease, try getting him revved up before you even start. Why rush to the main event when you can build up to something even hotter?
10. Let Him Dominate You
Couples so often get into a sex routine — same time of night, same place, same position. And while your husband may not make an active move to change things, men want to have the power to switch up patterns and take total control, says Haltzman. Get out one of his silk ties, have him bind your hands together, and let him take it from there. We suspect you won’t regret it.
11. Do Something Taboo
Most of the men we spoke with confided that they’re interested in trying — or having more — anal sex. “The almost forbidden nature of this act and the vulnerability it requires from you make it something men really want to experience, but don’t want to suggest out of fear of offending you,” says Mendez. If you’d be up for experimenting with anal and suspect your husband would enjoy it, initiate a conversation. Not quite ready for anal just yet? Try these almost-anal positions.
12. Touch the Unexpected Places
Did you know that men have a lot of places that can be erogenousof places, besides the penis? There are semi-obvious places like a guy’s torso or inner-thoughts, but don’t forget lesser-thought of sexy sports, like his temples or behind his knees.
13. Indulge His Fantasy
Sometimes, it just pays to ask. Just like no two women are the same, no two men are the same — and neither are their fantasies. Ask your partner what his ultimate sexy wish is, and then indulge exactly that. Whether he’s been dying to see you in a certain type of lingerie or have you dominate him, you’ll only know if you ask. Assuming you’re in a healthy, honest relationship, he’ll be happy to open up.
14. Dress Up
Never ever underestimate the power of a see-through teddy to get your guy standing tall. “Anything that makes a woman feel good in her body and sexually confident is very sexy,” says sex and relationship therapist Megan Fleming, Ph.D. And nothing is sexier to your guy than confidence. I can personally attest to this fact; my man cannot resist this sexy little (and I emphasize little) red nightie that a nonchalantly stroll around in on occasion. But it’s not even just wearing the lingerie. It’s the tease, the sexy text you send him letting him know you bought some lingerie but he has to wait until the evening. Take your time and take charge, because the ball is in your court and your man wants it all.
15. Indulge In Some Prostate Play
The prostate might be new territory for you, or it might be new territory for you and your guy, or maybe he’s been too shy to ask for a finger up his butt, but don’t leave the prostate unattended. It’s time to show your guy how much pleasure he is missing in his derrière. “A lot of the penis is internal; it almost looks like a boomerang,” explains Fleming. With back-door play, “you’re massaging these internal nerve endings and that can feel really good.” Start by adding a finger when you’re both highly aroused. Soon enough, he’ll be wondering why he wasn’t already experimenting with prostate play. “It’s definitely worth testing those waters,” says Fleming.
16. Expand Your Menu
It’s easy for any couple to get in a sexual rut. “What happens in a relationship is everything you like and your partner like stays on the menu, but anything either of you doesn’t like, isn’t tried,” explains Fleming. “So make a list of yes/no/not for now and over time as you develop the intimacy, the safety, and the connection, then you can be like ‘OK, why don’t we go back and visit role play or go back and revisit anal play.'” It’s that simple! Think of all the fun you’ll have writing the list out together. (And how much easier your sex life will be when the two of you aren’t scrambling to think of new sex positions in the heat of the moment.)
17. Incorporate a Toy
Think sex toys are just for when you want to get off solo? Think again — there are plenty of sex toys out there that are meant for both of you. You could also give him a sexy show and let him watch you use your new favorite vibrator.
18. Talk Dirty
This is your chance to get creative. There are plenty of super sexy things women can say to men in bed that will make the experience hotter for both of you. Because let’s be real: There’s nothing more attractive than someone who’s open about what she likes.
Follow Redbook on Facebook.
Despite what pop culture may show, men aren’t horny animals all day every day, ready to jump your bones at the snap of your fingers. Men need to be seduced too! While being totally open and transparent about what you crave in bed is well and good, oftentimes, it’s harder than you think to open up about exploring new territory with a partner.
Here are 17 things all men want to experience in bed but may not have the right words to tell you. Luckily, there are ways to introduce these into your sexual routine in the least awk way possible.
1. He wants to “make love” too.
Yeah, sex is cool and all, but so is a more intimate physical connection with a partner you really love. Sexologist and sex therapist Shamyra says that in her practice, she’s found that while the term “making love” isn’t often initiated by men, they usually mention it after their partner has brought it up first. After getting over the stigma of the corniness of “making love” as a term, Shamyra says these men do want to make love, as in have sex slower, more intentionally, and more passionately.
2. He wants you to initiate sometimes.
One of the most common complaints Shamyra hears in couples therapy is that male partners in hetero relationships feel like they always have to initiate sex with their female partners. “Men like to be seduced, they like to feel desired and attractive,” says Shamyra. “Initiating sex sends the message to your man that you want him, which gives him a major confidence boost.” Unsure where to start? Just ask!
Unsure where to start? Just ask!
Ask him how he’d like you to initiate. And if you’re initiating sex in your own way by rubbing his back or something, clue him in to what you’re doing so he knows that’s you trying to get it on.
3. He wants you to be loud if you feel like it.
“If you’re a screamer, scream. Don’t hold back your moans, groans, screams, and growls of pleasure,” says Shamyra. “Men love to hear this—it’s erotic and really turns them on.” Not to mention, it’s liberating for you too! So don’t hold back if you’re really feeling it in the moment. It’s just like communicating, only way sexier.
4. He wants you to actively participate.
“Many men like to have sex with women who actively participate,” says Shamyra. Actively participating just means meeting his thrusts with your own thrusts, grinding your hips, and flexing your PC muscles. These are all things you can do from whatever position you’re currently in. You can also use your hands to squeeze your guy’s arms and and pull his body closer to yours, or use your lips to explore more of his bod—all these moves will let him know you’re loving the action.
5. He wants you to communicate.
Granted, he should be doing this too. But a partner who can explain exactly how they want to be touched is endlessly sexy and helps him deliver up some honesty too. Someone who is polite but not afraid can encourage a guy to tell you what’s working or not working.
6. He wants different positions. Seriously!
If you’re a couple who does it missionary on the bed a few nights a week, your partner is probably craving something different every now and then. After all, part of the reason hotel sex is so damn appealing is that humans crave novelty. No one is suggesting you go out of your comfort zone just to please some dude. But hey, if the idea occurs to you that it might be hot to have him spin you around and fuck you from behind against your kitchen counter…well…then…do that.
7. He wants you to take charge.
Imagine sex is like a group project and you are obviously very invested in getting an A (or having an orgasm). Your group members might be all talk, but when it’s 3 a.m. the night before something’s due and you’re not ANY closer to that A, you might need to take control if you really wanna see it through.
So take charge. Show him the moves you use to get yourself off when you’re alone and let him in on the fantasy. He’ll love the idea of his own private peep show and he’ll be learning exactly what it is you need to get off. Honestly, this is basically just investing in your future orgasms.
8. He wants you to be direct.
While he might act like he knows exactly what’s up, no one ever wished for *less* direction in bed. Save the ambiguity for pre-hookup sexting, and don’t be afraid to ask for what you really want.
If you’re worried about offending him (trust, you won’t), just focus on the positives to tell him what you are and aren’t into. Don’t be afraid of telling him, “Ehh, that’s not doing anything for me,” but “I really liked it when you were doing this before,” will also help send a message. Positive reinforcement always works wonders. “Tell him how good it feels when he does something right or remind him of a technique that always gets you off,” suggests Gloria Brame, PhD, a sex therapist in Georgia. “If he’s not giving you enough foreplay, ask him to use his hand or mouth to warm you up, saying that you want to draw out the experience.”
9. He wants all the visuals.
For men, what they see is almost as good as what they get, so make sure to give him an eyeful. “One time during sex, my girlfriend led me over to a mirror so we could see ourselves in action,” remembers Tyler, 21. “I found it really sexy, but what made it hotter was how into it she was.”
4 Sex Toys That Will Give You the Best Orgasm
A Clitoral Massager That Uses Sonic Pulses for A VERY Intense Orgasm Lelo lelo.com $69.00
The Lelo Sona uses mighty vibration to hit your clitoris deeeeep into the nerve endings you might not otherwise be able to reach. It’s so good, in fact, one of our editors said it gave her a “totally new type of orgasm.” Good luck resisting this one.
A Couple’s Vibe That’s Actually Easy to Use During Sex We-Vibe babeland.com $99.00
This silicone clitoral vibrator might not look like much, but trust—it’s actually amazing. The cupped tip fits perfectly over your vulva, and it won’t get in the way with a partner (yes, even during intercourse). The toy also features rumbly waves (no cheap buzzy vibrations here) that are so powerful, you’ll wonder how you ever had sex without it.
A Rabbit That Does So Much More Than Vibrate Lelo lelo.com $199.00
Where regs Rabbit-style vibrators (meaning: they have both internal and external stimulators) just vibrate and shake in place, the Lelo Ina Wave actually moves back and forth in a come-hither motion for a sensation so realistic, it feels like actual intercourse, but better. It’s also rechargeable and waterproof, so it’s perfect for solo bath or shower fun.
A Luxe Necklace That’s Secretly a Sex Toy Crave babeland.com $69.00
This 24kt gold necklace not only looks chic, it’s also a very strong bullet vibe. It has an easy, one-button turn-on feature, and the charge lasts forever. Unsuspecting people will have no idea that it’s actually your NSFW plaything, but you’ll probably want to wear it all the time anyways because it’s so damn pretty.
10. He wants you to feel confident about what you like in bed.
Being open about what you like, even if you’re worried about what someone might think, is the best way to connect with each other ~in bed~. Don’t be ashamed that he might think it’s “weird” that you need a vibrator to get off or you’ve always wanted to go dutch on a set of bed restraints. “Women are often afraid to get naughty in a relationship, because they don’t want to shatter any ‘good girlfriend’ image he has or they don’t want him to think they’re weird,” explains Brame. “But men want to see that no-holds-barred side of you—they just don’t want to offend you by asking for it.”
11. Spontaneity = good.
It’s easy to fall into a rut, but there’s nothing like spontaneity to keep things fresh in a hookup. You may also want to do something unexpected, like initiating a new position or trying a passion prop. “My girlfriend and I were out shopping when she suggested we check out this sex-toy shop,” says Nick, 27. “We ended up buying this thing called a penis sleeve, which is basically a thick, bumpy condom. Not only was it fun to use, but I loved how eager she was to try it.”
12. He wants to mix things up.
Repetition can make a once 🔥 sex life feel meh. So be open to varying things in bed. Any change in speed, pressure, or position will make the act more interesting and pleasurable. “Variety keeps him in a heightened state of arousal because he never knows what to expect,” says psychologist Joel Block, PhD, author of The Art of the Quickie.
13. He wants to get primal.
Sure, bingeing Planet Earth might not be the hottest thing around, but there’s something to be said about looking to the animal kingdom for a little #Inspo. Dave, 24, was totally psyched when a woman he was seeing asked to get a little wild. “An ex-girlfriend laid down on the bed and begged me to rip off her clothes, which I did. The sex was great, but letting me tear her shirt in half was the best part because it was passionate and intense.”
14. Sometimes, he just wants to do nothing at all.
Which, okay, fine. I get it. For every wild, aggressive bone-sesh you’ve had, your partner would probably welcome a break sometimes too.
Brian, 26, says, “I was dating a woman who was sort of a bookworm. But when for the first time, she was wild. Before I could even try to take off her clothes, she threw me back on the bed and blindfolded me with her bra,” he remembers. “Then she gave me the best oral sex ever. I didn’t lift a finger.”
For a softer approach, Brame suggests positions like reverse cowgirl, which prevent him from controlling the rhythm. Aka you can go at whatever speed you like.
15. He wants you to dominate him.
To dip your toe into Fifty-Shades-for-beginners territory, Kristie Overstreet, PhD, suggests telling your partner he can’t talk, touch, or even move unless he’s told to. Tell him if he disobeys you or doesn’t follow your directions, he’ll be punished. Boss him around a little and tell him how you want him to touch you, tell him what to say, and direct his every move. Watch him squirm, and remind him from time to time that you’re in control.
16. He wants to do something juuust a little kinky.
If you’re in a rut, a surefire way to distract yourselves from the issue at hand is to try something out of your comfort zone. Overstreet says that sex is often a way to release tension and stress. “For many guys, the more stress they have, the more they may want to do sexual acts that are out of the ordinary,” she says. (True for you too, btw.)
Try it out IRL: First off, have a conversation about boundaries and safe sex. Trying something kinky doesn’t mean springing a blindfold on someone out of the blue without any warning! Overstreet suggests asking him what he considers taboo when it comes to sex and communicating that you’re open to talking or trying out new desires you both have in the area.
17. He wants to talk about his fantasies with you.
Overstreet says that guys are often hesitant to talk about fantasies because it makes them vulnerable. The risk of sharing a fantasy and having it looked down on would be humiliating! If you open up the communication so he feels safe sharing his fantasy with you, it’ll only improve and help your relationship.
As with any sexual fantasy, it’s best to discuss details beforehand. Open up the dialogue by discussing one of your fantasies first. This makes it more comfortable for him to talk about his own fantasies and will establish a baseline trust and safe space. Overstreet says this can also help the two of you discover which fantasies you may have in common and, if so, which would be easiest to turn into reality.
This post was originally published in July 2011 and has been updated.
Carina Hsieh Sex & Relationships Editor Carina Hsieh lives in NYC with her French Bulldog Bao Bao — follow her on Instagram and Twitter • Candace Bushnell once called her the Samantha Jones of Tinder • She enjoys hanging out in the candle aisle of TJ Maxx and getting lost in Amazon spirals.
Table of Contents
This step-by-step guide won’t be some ordinary birds-and-the-bees talk. On the contrary, it will spark your imagination, give you some pointers, and get you to open up more about touchy subjects like pleasing a man in bed.
It will also show how perceptions of ourselves and our sexual desires influence our intimacy. This guide will also provide some juicy tips on how to gratify a man in bed step by step and, more importantly, how to draw the best for yourself and achieve the highest sexual satisfaction.
You see, great sex is all about mutual satisfaction. That’s why you should never ignore your feelings and desires. A lot of women disregard their own desires. They put their own pleasure second and after a while, it’s inevitable that some issues arise in bed.
Remember that your partner – providing that he is the right guy for you – wants you to enjoy yourself as much as he does and even more. The best way to learn is by taking it one step at a time, so let’s start.
1. Stop overthinking things and radiate confidence
It’s not a secret that confidence is extremely sexy. It gives off the vibe that you are comfortable with who you are and you know what you want. Of course, we all have our little insecurities. But you should never bring them to the bedroom with you, so be careful to avoid making that mistake.
The bedroom (or wherever else you decided to have sex) is not the place where you should have any doubts about how you look or how you perform sexually. If a man is about to have sex with you, it’s because he finds you extremely attractive, and he has a boner the size of Alaska to prove it. So away with the doubts and in with the sex games.
The thing that holds us back from having and granting our partner an amazing sexual experience is actually our heads. That’s why we should make sure we accept ourselves and our bodies just the way they are.
Also, we should keep in mind that things we consider imperfect might be perfect to our partner or he might not even notice them. All in all, he surely has his own insecurities about his imperfections and is dealing with them in his own way. Not that I’m a sex expert, but in my case, a little praise from you will most certainly help.
Once we accept our bodies with the perfect imperfections, it will reflect on us and our partner will pick up on the sexy vibes we send. Also, you’ll have no problem leaving the lights on during sex, being on top, walking naked around the apartment… or even trying kinks you never thought you would.
2. It all begins in your minds
Once you are comfortable in your own body, it’s time for phase 2 – sparkling your partner’s imagination. Before activities between the sheets start, the real action is taking place in our minds. By lighting the fire in our partner’s imagination and probably in the area of his crotch, we will simultaneously become horny ourselves. There are a few ways in which we can do that:
Sexting is one of the first and most effective ideas that come to mind. There are many directions in which sexting can go. It can vary from subtle vanilla dirty talk to something hardcore.
It depends on your preferences, so let that be your guideline. In any case, sexts are bound to blow his mind and make him eager to see you and rip your clothes off of you. One of the great perks of sexting is that you have plenty of time to think about what you’re going to say.
Flirting mixed with sexual implications
There are so many ways in which you can flirt to make your partner crave you more. Words are powerful tools, so whispering something kinky in his ear, asking dirty questions, saying something in front of other people that only he will understand in a sexual manner (some code name for something sexual only the two of you know), and also using body language can work wonders when flirting is involved.
Sending sexy photos
And no, don’t send nudes. That’s never a good idea because nudes can end up all over the internet, so that even those who they weren’t intended for, end up seeing them. No matter how much you trust your partner, one never knows what the future may bring.
So, when sending sexy photos or sexy snapchats, make it subtle. For instance, you can send your cleavage (your boobs safely tucked in a lace bra), take a mirror selfie in sexy pants, something along these lines. The idea is to ignite his imagination, not to reveal all. After all, he’s the one who needs to help undress you.
3. Foreplay is everything
Foreplay combined with the previous step is something that will drive your man crazy. It’s like an introduction to the actual intercourse, which can be just as enjoyable. The entire concept of foreplay is to bottle up anticipation and make the actual sexual act that much more exciting.
You wanted to know how to please a man in bed step by step – foreplay is the key that unlocks the doors to pleasure.
To start it off, a good full body massage is something your partner is sure to enjoy. Take it slow, turn some love making music on, put some massage oil on your hands, and let your fingers slide sensually all over his body.
If you tease him by massaging his inner thighs, he will definitely melt in your hands.
This depends on the man you’re dating. Some enjoy sexy lingerie so much that they will be turned on just by looking at it or touching it. They will probably ask you to leave it on during foreplay and during sex (if it’s possible).
On the other hand, there are men that don’t care much about lingerie – they simply prefer rip your clothes off in the heat of the moment, caring more about what you have underneath the layers.
Sexy lingerie can also be helpful to you. It can make you feel sexy and confident, and that’s definitely something your partner will pick up on and appreciate.
It’s something that can be beneficial for couples in long-term relationships that are stuck in a rut and want to find ways to spice up their sex life, but also for new couples who are into roleplaying.
Taking on a new identity in the bedroom is something that adds to the freshness and fun of your intimate life. Some roles that couples usually like to act out are: professor & student, repairman & homeowner, strangers in a bar, porn stars, cheerleader & football player, dominant & submissive, and the list is endless.
The important thing is to choose a sexual fantasy you are both comfortable with.
There’s nothing quite like kissing when engaging in foreplay. Starting with the lips is a choice in which you can’t go wrong. Making out increases sexual desire. Redirect your kisses to his neck and stay there for a while.
Then slowly nibble his ear, going back to the neck and finding your way down. Kiss every inch of his body. The anticipation of a blow job will be something that will make his manhood hard as wood.
You can also change the intensity of your kisses. Depending on the mood, you can go from slow to possessive, maybe even include subtle lip nibbling. The softness of your lips on his body will give him goosebumps all over. Kissing is often taken for granted, although it really shouldn’t be, as it can do wonders.
Going down on him
There is nothing that screams amazing foreplay (as far as most men are concerned) as oral sex. A blow job is something men enjoy as much as sex – or perhaps even more. The tip of his penis is the most sensitive part, that’s why it needs special attention.
One of the things that will make his experience even greater is if you keep gently touching his testicles. You can suck and kiss them too. It will give him greater pleasure than he could ever have dreamed of.
The sex position “69” is something that will undoubtedly provoke mutual pleasure. 69ing involves 2 people performing oral sex on each other. Hearing each other moan and clench from pleasure will make you both aroused beyond limits.
This is also a good foreplay tactic that will guarantee the satisfaction of both parties. You’ll both be able to see each other’s faces in ecstasy and hear the moaning sounds that shift in intonation.
When senses of sight and hearing are combined with the sensation of pleasure that you provoke in each other by using hand movements, the feeling for both of you will be so remarkable, there aren’t enough words to explain it.
Remember, he wants you to enjoy yourself as much as he does. His ability to satisfy you in bed is a major turn on as well as the proof of his good performance that he’s been looking for.
Men like women who are in touch with their sexuality. So, he’ll be more than happy if you start the moves that gradually lead to sex. You initiating sex will make him feel wanted.
Be direct, but take it slow. For instance, you can put your hand on his leg and work your way up to his tool, ask him to join you, then take his hand and guide it to your butt or boobs.
He’ll take it from there –or simply lead him to the bedroom and start kissing him. There are a lot of options to use your imagination and you will most definitely shake his.
4. Game time
After you passed some or all of the aforementioned steps above, you are now at the step that you’ve been going for all along: the actual act of having sex. Usually, this step comes spontaneously without any need to overanalyze or overthink it.
But sometimes, after shifting your positions from top to bottom, you’d like to add a little flavor. That’s where all different kinds of sex positions work magically.
So, let’s check out some of the most interesting ones:
As I already said, pleasing you is something intensely stimulating for your man. With you on top, he’ll have front seat view in witnessing your pleasure first hand. He’ll be able to take in your entire body. But he’ll probably do much more than admire your body.
He might grab your waist or fondle your boobs while you are on top of him. This position is one of the crucial steps in this step-by-step guide to please your man in bed.
This position is also great for you because it gives you control, you dictate the pace, and you can see just how you’re making him beg for more of you.
Intensified missionary position
The missionary position is basic and most couples start off with this position. It gives the man the dominant position. But it also enables prolonged eye contact and a lot of kissing, and in doing so, builds a better connection. The missionary position is not one that should be overlooked.
But in case you want to get more from it, wrap your legs around his waist and lock them on his back. You will be drawing him towards you, making the penetration deeper. Alternatively, placing your legs on his shoulders to form a “V” shape will have the same effect.
While he is on top of you, you can run your fingers through his hair, grip or caress his arms, or grab his back, making a pleasure-induced imprint of your fingers on his skin.. Those subtle moves will let him know that you are enjoying yourself and that if he keeps it going, you will come really hard really soon – that’ll be all he needs to proceed.
The missionary position is more pleasurable for him because he gets to see your face making gestures of satisfaction. He’ll see your lips widen as you moan and tremble out of pure pleasure. Knowing that it’s all because of him will make him extremely happy both in and out of bed.
This position demands female control, so don’t be afraid to take charge. The man, in this case, represents the chair in a manner of speaking. He is sitting with his legs outstretched in front of him, using his hands as support.
The woman is on her male partner with her back to him, leaning close to his body. You sit on top of him, holding onto his hips, and lean your head slightly back while slowly moving up and down.
It’s like cuddling and having sex all at once, which increases your level of intimacy. Your partner has to lie down behind you and enter you gently. This position grants him full access to your body. His hands can go all over you and it is a perfect position to demonstrate his affection and adoration for you.
While in this position, you can use your hands and gently touch his body, pulling him closer. You can also touch yourself to enhance your pleasure – and his, too, because as soon as he sees that you are masturbating in front of him, it will drive him insane for you.
Sex in front of the mirror
It’s time you start looking in the mirror in a whole different way. If you and your partner decide to have sex in front of a mirror, you’ll probably do it standing up, with your hands pressed on the wall on both sides of the mirror.
With both you mirror-facing, bend slightly so he can penetrate you. Hold your head up so he can see your facial expressions and the level of your enjoyment. He will also have a mirror view of your front body parts while he has the perfect view of your bottom part.
For him, the mirror works wonders. On the other hand, you aren’t neglected here either because you can also see him, feel and see his hands on your hips, and all in all, enjoy great sex.
Sex in the shower
First of all, the shower is a great place for heating things up. You can start by taking a sponge or simply use your hands to rub and wash his back. Start making your way down to his tool, and stay for a while in that area, while kissing his freshly showered back.
While lingering in that position, give him a handjob. It will both surprise and amaze him. He’ll probably not expect it – maybe he’s never had anybody touch his manhood from that angle – except himself, obviously.
The rest of the shower activities will evolve on their own. Let him make the next move. You’ll probably have sex standing up, with not just parts of your body wet, but your entire body.
A quicke is not something you plan. It’s something that happens. So when you feel the urge, just let yourself go and enjoy it. Your man will appreciate your sense of adventure.
A quickie can happen anytime and anywhere. But the main cause for it is your mutual burning desire that needs to be relieved. So, don’t buy into that nonsense that sex has to be longlasting to be memorable.
A good quickie from time to time works wonders. Sometimes, you just have limited time or perhaps no desire for foreplay, so you just skip right past that step. But a quickie will be all you both need to be completely satisfied for the rest of the day.
This is one more position that grants you full control. You dictate the speed, depth, angle, and intensity of the movement. It is the easiest way to hit your G-spot and make you come all over your partner.
The basics of this position is that you sit on your partner, turning your back toward him, while he lies flat on the bed. You can use his knees as support and simply make movements that best satisfy you both. This position is rawer than it is intimate.
It doesn’t provide you with eye contact or that feeling of closeness. But that doesn’t make it any less pleasurable. It gives him a great view of your behind, and if he is an ass man, he will love this position. Plus, you can always look back at him for a moment while you are riding him. That fast look will throw both of you over the top.
Just the name of this position is intriguing and something probably new to the both of you. Luckily, it’s not as complicated as it sounds. This position demands that you lie down on your side. Leave your bottom leg stretched and flat.
He’ll straddle your bottom leg while kneeling down. Your other leg will be curled around his waist. This position enables deep penetration – like the one you’d feel during doggy style – only this one enables you that precious eye contact.
The other benefit is that it leaves his hands free to do whatever he wants with them.
If your partner worships your booty, this will be one of his favorite sex positions. To achieve this position, you have to get on all fours. He kneels, penetrating you from behind with his body leaning on yours.
This position grants him great satisfaction. He can admire the view from behind. He can grab your waist or pull your hair if things get a bit rougher. He also has to work with you on finding a mutual rhythm that will satisfy you both.
The flat iron
Lie on your stomach with your legs flat and your hips slightly raised. He will straddle both of your legs and penetrate you kneeling down. This position gives him a tighter feeling that he and you find utterly pleasurable.
The flat iron also provides you with the feeling of closeness and intimacy you lose during some other “rear” sex positions.
5. Make sure you compliment his performance
Men love to be complimented on their performances. They want you to have a great time with them; they want to please you sexually. A man wants to thrive at sex more than any other part of life.
Even though your actions during sex nonverbally said that you loved his moves and enjoyed yourself, it’s not a bad idea to say it aloud. So after sex, while you are lying in bed cuddling, you might say something along the lines of, “OMG that was great.” or “What was that?! Wooow.”
Simply speak your mind on how you feel in that moment, but don’t overdo it. Just small words of encouragement are enough.
The compliments are not there just to boost his ego. They are also there so that he knows that even if you haven’t reached orgasm, you had a good time. Usually, women need more time than men to climax and that’s something natural.
So, don’t make a big deal out of it. One of the next times you’ll get there, so don’t lower his self-esteem by saying you weren’t satisfied.
6. Be naughty and adventurous
The best, and probably the only way you can fail in your attempt to satisfy a man is if you do nothing. If you just lie flat on your back expecting him to do everything. That’s not something that will make him happy and satisfied.
But if you’re ready to put in even the slightest effort, your man is sure to appreciate it. He wants to know that you’re actually enjoying yourself and not thinking about what you’re going to have for lunch the next day.
All he wants is to feel wanted. The best way to achieve that is by being a bit naughty and adventurous. And while he may like your sweetness and femininity outside the bedroom, inside the bedroom, he would welcome your primal urges emerging.
So, initiate sex, grab his ass, play with his balls, bite him on his neck let your imagination run wild. Relax and enjoy yourself. Don’t overthink the whole situation – you’ll only hold back the both of you.
Although your question was how to please a man in bed step by step, it’s important to add that the bed shouldn’t be the only place where pleasures are fulfilled. Be adventurous. Look for new places to have sex in or indulge him in some of his fantasies.
So what if you have an apartment, that doesn’t mean that sex in the back seat of the car won’t be just the thing you need. You can also try a place that carries a risk of being caught – like sex on the balcony with the danger that some of your neighbors might see you, or a quickie in a changing room the next time you go clothes shopping.
Be bold. Don’t let anything scare you. Make the most of every moment you spend in bed – and outside of it.
I hope this simple “How to please a man in bed step by step guide” will come in handy. There are a lot of variations to the given examples and you’ll get there on your own, exploring them with your partner.
The key to having great sex is having an emotional bond, too. If you get along with your partner in other aspects of your life together, your sex life will prosper from it. Because if you have both emotional and physical bonds, there is no stopping you. And, the more you engage in sexual activities, the better the sex.
Like all good things in life,sex also gets better with practice. You’ll get to know your partner, his likes and dislikes, his fantasies and sexual desires – and he‘ll know yours. When you’re both in it for the mutual pleasure, it can’t get any better.
I just want to stress once more the importance of confidence in all of this. If you let your insecurities aside and live in the moment, you’re already half the way. Don’t let anything hold you back. By allowing yourself to feel comfortable in your own skin, you’ll automatically enjoy sex more than you ever thought possible.
That’s just the trigger your partner needs to be satisfied in bed, too. It’s all simple when you look at it. He needs to know that you are pleased so he can be pleased, too.
Freud once called female sexuality “the dark continent,” and if that’s true, then male sexuality might as well be the dark planet. Because when it comes to sex, men are far from simple. (As much as they may try to convince us otherwise.) The bedroom is one of the great stages of male performance, so what you see on TV is typically far from what can (and should) be delivered in reality. That’s why sex experts chimed in with more accurate insight about what guys really want you to know when the two of you climb into bed. Here are their top sex tips for women.
1. Men respond to praise.
It’s believed that men are so consumed by libido that they have no self-consciousness surrounding sex. But that couldn’t be further from the truth. ” plenty of men who feel very self-conscious about their weight, or parts of their body, and really are affected by this in the bedroom,” says Laurie Mintz, Ph.D., author of A Tired Woman’s Guide to Passionate Sex and Becoming Cliterate: Why Orgasm Equality Matters. Many are impacted by performance anxiety too, asking themselves questions like, “Will I be able to get an erection?,” “Have I gained too much weight?” and, “Will I be able to please her?”
That’s when it can be helpful for him to hear compliments both in and out of the bedroom. Mintz suggests starting outside the bedroom, when you can have what she calls a “kitchen table sex talk” — AKA a lower-stakes time to discuss things that are bothering you in the bedroom without having to be “in the moment” of, well, having sex. That’s when your partner can talk about what pressures he’s feeling, or what he’s self-conscious about. Then, you can boost his confidence.
“In a really good, connected, long-term partnership, there’s not a magic word that will work wonders; it’s more about getting to know what it is your partner is worried about, and addressing that outside of the bedroom, when he’s not already anxious about whatever the issue at hand is.”
Once you’re in the bedroom (and aware of his insecurities), remind him of how much you enjoy being intimate. For example, if he’s worried about his weight, maybe give him a sexy once-over and tell him how how buff he looks naked. Other key areas to compliment: His gut, as men often worry about the size of it (and other measurable parts), and their hair, as guys tend to feel self-conscious once they start losing it.
2. Some fear intimacy.
But not for the reason you think! Studies have shown that boys are more affectionate, even more expressive, than girls until they reach school age. At that time, social repression begins — of words, thoughts, feelings — and the desire for human connection goes underground. So taboo is this desire for intimacy that its possibility can terrify men; not because it’s smothering, but because they realize how desperate they are for it.
So what’s a woman to do? First, understand that your guy’s hasty retreat post-sex may be because he doesn’t understand how much he craves a connection with you. Then, it’s time for another kitchen table sex talk, Mintz says. “If he’s been jumping in the shower right after sex for the last 10 years, he’s going to be really taken off guard if, the next time he goes into the shower, you all of a sudden say it upsets you,” she explains. “Instead, set aside a time to talk when the situation has passed.”
When you do talk, Mintz suggests using the sandwich technique: Give him a compliment, tell him your problem, then follow it up with another compliment. Example: “I really love having sex with you, and after we have sex I feel really close and connected. I know you really want to shower, but I really want to cuddle. Is there a compromise that will work for both of us?”
It can be as simple as asking to cuddle for five minutes before a shower, or even showering together. Regardless of the solution, talking about it may reveal something you never knew, and allows fore more understanding before coming up with a new norm that’ll make all parties happy.
3. They appreciate sex for sex.
While intimacy and post-sex cuddling can be wonderful for many men, sometimes a little “throw-me-down sex” is exactly what they want, plain and simple. “Men want their wives to enjoy raw sex, not just endure it or take it personally,” says Joe Kort, Ph.D, a psychotherapist and sexologist in Royal Oak, Michigan. “It’s not about dominating a woman, but rather ravishing her.” On occasion, don’t be afraid to let him do just that. (So long as it’s something you’re comfortable with, of course.)
4. Guys want to be touched.
The penis gets all the press, but men have many erogenous zones, just like women, says psychologist Melodie Schaefer, PsyD. They just don’t tell you to move your hands elsewhere because they’re afraid that if they do, women will shut down and not touch them at all, she explains. “But there are many places a woman should touch, like the chest, inner thighs, and face,” Schaefer adds. Another key move: Gently gripping a man’s testicles, as it can be a real turn-on that blends control with release. You can also stimulate the perineum, the area between the scrotum and anus, which heightens pleasure during oral sex.
5. Yes, they have sexual fantasies.
“Men want to share their fantasies but worry their wives will shame or judge them,” Dr. Kort says. Similarly, Dr. Schaefer notes that men wish women would reveal their own sexual imaginings. The solution: Make a game of it.
First (and most important), promise not to judge the other. Then, privately write out scenarios that have tantalized you and place them in a box. Next time you’re feeling hot and heavy, pull one out. Either jump right into fulfilling that fantasy or, if you need a little more time to adjust, ask what it is about that fantasy that your partner likes, Dr. Kort says. “Sometimes, its themes can be addressed in different scenarios that feel comfortable for both of you,” he adds.
6. Men want you to be vocal.
Talking during sex stimulates more than our ears, as Mintz says heavy breathing, groaning, and moaning are all sounds that we make when we’re feeling free, and studies have shown that it’s erotic for all parties involved to hear. It’s also a great way to really express what you want, which is a huge turn-on for men when they know they’re doing exactly what you need to have an orgasm.
If you’re not usually one to speak up, Mintz suggests trying it solo first. “Next time you’re masturbating, make some noise,” she says. “You might find something is really fun, and then you can transfer that to partner sex.” Otherwise, saying anything that’s praising, instructive, and even a little dirty tends to go over well with men. Tell him exactly how you want to be touched (and where, and using what) and you’ll his pleasure meter — and yours —through the roof.
7. And they want you to be honest.
Sex can help ease many stressors in a relationship, but it can also cause stress. If he complains about a lack of sex (or the fact that you’re only doing certain things on his birthday), then be honest about what’s causing you to withhold.
One reason that you may not even be aware of is an issue called receptive desire, Mintz says. “As a woman ages and the relationship goes on, stop being spontaneously horny,” she explains. “A lot of men and women don’t know this, so they wait to be to have sex…But you can have sex to get , rather than wait to be to have sex.”
If you have a normative lack of desire and don’t know about it, Mintz says these kitchen table sex talks are especially important because they can help both of you realize what issues are really at hand without feeling attacked, hurt, or rejected.
Of course, it’s also possible that there’s anger, resentment, or deeper issues going on. If that’s the case, Mintz says you shouldn’t be using sex as a weapon — that’s only going to cause more harm in the relationship — and should instead be honest about how you’re feeling. If you’re not comfortable bringing it up on your own (or discussing it when your partner does), she suggests seeing a therapist, who can help the two of you navigate the issue in a healthy way.
8. Guys enjoy the dance.
Men like a good quest, so even if you’ve been together for awhile, allow your partner to court you. “Emotional intimacy is about closeness, but sustaining sexual desire demands a certain amount of distance,” Dr. Kort says.
How do couples strike this tricky balance? By allowing each partner to have what he calls “separate sexuality,” or a sex life that doesn’t include (or betray) the other. “For him, that might mean allowing his wife to use sex toys or letting other men look at her,” Dr. Kort says. “For her, it might be permitting him to watch pornography in order to experience a fantasy.” Such indulgences help maintain the balance of desire and devotion for both parties, so talk to your partner outside of the bedroom and see if this is something one (or both of you) might be interested in.
9. Speaking of pornography, it isn’t always a big deal.
Finding a spouse using pornography is a top reason couples seek counsel, but it shouldn’t be overreacted to or pathologized, Dr. Kort says. First of all, sex addicts only represent 3-6% of the population, so it’s unlikely your man is one. Plus, because childhood experiences influence sexuality as an adult, people are very idiosyncratic about what turns them on, Dr. Kort says. “So no woman can, nor should be, everything to a man.”
Still, it’s tough not to take it personally when he’s getting off by looking at another woman. To help tamper that, Dr. Kort recommends taking the secrecy out of pornography and discussing it. “Ask him what about it turns him on, and what turns you off,” he says. That way, a dialogue is created that allows for honesty, dignity, and closeness without him feeling like he’s doing something shameful, while you can figure out what you’re OK with accepting and what you’re not.
10. Men want you to embrace sex.
Guys are often accused of being sexually insatiable, but women should rethink this line of thought. “Men see sex as a celebration,” Dr. Schaefer says. “They wish women would take more of a ‘carpe diem’ approach to it.”
We all move through life at the speed of sound, with multiple challenges and pressures. That makes it easy to allow demands on our time and energy to rob us of the joy, pleasure, and opportunity that sex affords us. And more often than not, sex ends up being at the bottom of a long list of priorities. But viewing sex through a different lens — something you want to do versus have to do — can make all the difference.
Plus, there are health benefits to sex. Orgasms release oxytocin, for example, a hormone that’s nicknamed the “bonding hormone” for its ability to bring couples closer together while also alleviating stress, reducing blood pressure, and promoting healing. And who couldn’t use more of that?
Knowing how to please your man in bed will give you a fabulous feeling of satisfaction. When he is happy you are happy and that has got to be one of life’s ultimate goals.
There are many differing aspects of ways to please your man in bed (one great one is by talking dirty to him, for example).
I have spoken to several of my friends regarding this topic and they have all contributed with their own take on what it is that pleases their men in bed.
I would like to offer you their advice as well as mine by giving you their tips and advice. If only one of the 35 tips helps you, I will be pleased. All we want in our lives is a little bit of peace and harmony, hopefully we can all achieve this by putting our heads together to find all of the answers to all of our questions.
Please Your Man In Bed With Attitude
Please your man in bed with attitude because a woman who knows what she wants can be a very sexy woman indeed. I have a friend called Sandra, we met at school. She has learnt that when she and her boyfriend are in bed together, he loves it when she shows a sexy attitude towards him. He knows that they share a special bond because he trusts her when she shows her sexy side to him. It’s nice that she can relax and be sexy for him because she feels safe and confident in his company. They are a really strong couple; Sandra says it is because they give each other the confidence to be themselves in the bedroom. Having the right attitude is a very powerful personality trait to have and he will love this powerful attitude that you show.
Please Your Man In Bed With Kissing
Please your man in bed with kissing him whenever and wherever you are. When you are out and about, make sure you keep giving him loads of kisses so he knows you find him attractive and you can’t keep your hands off him. Any kind of closeness is a good thing and the more you find yourselves kissing will give you both the contact you crave for. Being closer together through kissing will give you both the ultimate aim of being closer together in the bedroom. It will please your man immensely to know that the kissing will continue when you are in bed together. Kissing is the one great pleasure a couple can share together on a daily basis. It is the one thing that you can do in private or public that will be such a great turn on for you both.
Please Your Man In Bed With Your Sexy Presence
Please your man in bed with your sexy presence and he will truly enjoy the experience of being in bed with you. I have a friend called Thelma, she’s 34 years old. She used to be quiet and shy and would never have dreamed of acting sexily. She used to think that she couldn’t act sexily because her upbringing had been quite strict and sex was never discussed in the home. Then she met Peter and he was able to offer her the encouragement she needed to feel more sexy. Thelma says it is never to late to tap into your inner sexiness so that you too can bring your sexy side to the forefront when you are in the bedroom.
Please Your Man In Bed By Making Him Feel Desirable
Please your man in bed by making him feel desirable because feeling desired will give him a brilliant feeling of wellbeing. He will feel wonderfully happy and content, the atmosphere in the bedroom will be supercharged with passion. He will feel that you give him a lot of love and affection because you find him so desirable. By him having the knowledge that he is desirable to you will give him the boost he needs to be able to make love to you in a loving and sensual way. You will both benefit from your experience in bed together because you will have created a very intimate partnership. Make him feel desirable by telling him how handsome he is, or how strong his muscles look. Make him feel desirable by telling him what a good kisser he is.
Please Your Man In Bed By Dressing Nice
Please your man in bed by dressing nice, let the sex happen naturally because the nice things you’re wearing will be a turn on for your man. I have a friend called Carol, we’ve been friends for several years. She has been married to Ken for eight years. Carol says she truly believes that what you wear to bed should be something that is silk or satin to the touch. She reckons that her husband is always complimentary to her about the choice of sexy nightwear she chooses to put on. She says by dressing nice it gives her a feeling of being sexy and it pleases her husband that she makes the effort to look nice for him in the bedroom.
Please Your Man In Bed By Not Being A Prude
Please your man in bed by not being a prude. Be open to all the excitement that you can have by being more adventurous. Maybe your man wants you to try something different and you are not sure if it will be right for you. Let him know how you feel and explain that you are feeling unsure of yourself because you haven’t done this particular thing before. He will be happy that you have confided in him and he will love helping you discover a new pleasure that you both can share together. As time goes by you will grow closer together and trust in each other’s company with full understanding of what it is that turns you both on.
Please Your Man In Bed By Teasing
Please your man in bed by teasing him with your sexiness. I have a friend called Wendy, she is a hairdresser and she works in the local village salon. She is a minefield of information because she listens to her customers’ tales whilst she is doing their hair. One of the tips she heard from one of her customers has helped her greatly in the bedroom. That tip was to tease. Teasing your man in the bedroom will bring out in him an animal passion that even he didn’t know he had. Let him know you want him by teasing him and Wendy guarantees that he will want you forever more. She says that by teasing him you are letting him know you want to play sexy games, and knowing that you want to play sexy games will be very exciting for him.
Please Your Man In Bed By Not Being Shy
Please your man in bed by not being shy and see what a difference it makes to you own self worth. It’s ok to feel shy at certain times because maybe you don’t know what you are doing. Try you’re best to overcome the shyness and you will feel much more self assured, which in turn will give you the opportunity to express yourself in a more positive way. By not being shy you will portray a sexy confident woman in the bedroom. It will please your man to see that you can overcome your shyness in his company. It will allow both of you to move forward in the relationship in a loving and trusting manner. You will both have a little chuckle together In years to come when you look back at how shy you were, it will seem hard to believe that you could have felt like that at one time because you’ve gotten to know each other intimately over the years and nothing will make you feel that shy again.
Please Your Man In Bed By Being Creative
Please your man in bed by being creative, creativeness will add an extra dimension to your relationship. I have a friend called Denise, she is a really fun person and is always laughing. Her tip for you for pleasing your man in bed is to be creative. She would like you to start being creative by reading some books or by going on line to see what you think you might like to try. She adds that it should be something you feel comfortable with, otherwise you won’t enjoy it, and if you don’t enjoy it… neither will he. When you are ready to go ahead with your creativeness in the bedroom she’s sure your man will be very appreciative of your attempts to try and please him.
Please Your Man In Bed With Communication
Please your man in bed with communication because without communication you will never know what he’s thinking or feeling. Even worse is that he won’t know what your thinking or feeling. If you don’t know what each other is thinking or feeling you won’t know if things are going well in your relationship. Communicating to each other what your wants and needs are is a great way to have a secure partnership. You will trust in each other to know that if one of you is not feeling right with something you will let the other person know. Likewise if one of you particularly likes something you will be able to let the other person know.
You may also be interested in: 3 Easy Ways to Find Out If He’s Cheating On You
Please Your Man In Bed With Fun
Please your man in bed with fun and your happiness will be complete. I have a friend called Jenny, she’s a full time housewife with two children and nothing seems to get her down, she’s a very happy go lucky type of person and is content with her partner. Her advice for you is don’t stress out about all the things you should be doing, instead have fun with all the things you are doing and you will enjoy them even more. She says you shouldn’t listen to what everybody else is doing in the bedroom, you should just enjoy the things that make you and your partner happy instead. Having fun in the bedroom will relax you and you love making will flow along naturally.
Please Your Man In Bed By Being Naughty
Please your man in bed by being naughty in the bedroom (or by talking dirty to him) and watch his eyes widen In amazement when you show him a part of your personality that he never knew you had. Being naughty in the bedroom with your man is an entirely individual thing. You will come to learn what it is that turns you on the most. In a loving partnership you should be able to tell one another what particular naughty role play appealed to you the most. Once you are successful at being naughty in the bedroom, you can enjoy lots of romantic encounters with your partner. You will get that glint in your eye which lets him know you want him. He will recognise the look and be turned on instantly just by knowing what is to come later on in the bedroom.
Please Your Man In Bed By Mixing Things Up
Please your man in bed by mixing things up and he will never be bored. I have a friend called Leslie, she is 29 years old and she likes to go to the cinema with her boyfriend. She’s got a vivid imagination and she reckons her and her boyfriend have a great time in bed together. They are always trying new things in the bedroom and she says she thinks this is why their relationship is so strong. Her advice to you is to try mixing things up in the bedroom so that your man is always on his toes, waiting for you to create another exciting encounter with him. Make it Impossible for him to be bored in the bedroom and enjoy a strong relationship just like she does.
Please Your Man In Bed By Taking Control
Please your man in bed by taking control and he will forever be in your gratitude. Somewhere along the journey of life there seems to be an unwritten rule that the man is the one who should take control in the bedroom. This is definitely not true. In fact there are a lot of men who really enjoy it when their partners take control. They can really enjoy the pleasure of sex when it is not them who has to initiate the moment all of the time. They will love the fact that you are confident enough to take control and will enjoy all that you have to offer them. It might seem a bit daunting at first to be the one taking control in the bedroom but the more you do it the more you will get used to it and the more natural it will become.
Please Your Man In Bed With New Tricks
Please your man in bed with new tricks and enjoy the praise you will receive each and every day for keeping your man entertained. Adding a new dimension to your bedroom escapades will give you the opportunity to express yourself in an entirely individual way. Enjoy each other’s company a lot more by talking about what new tricks you will get up to together. You will find that you will be giving one another secret looks that mean something very special is going to happen when you are in the bedroom together later. Only the two of you will understand what is to come and this knowledge will give you a powerful and trusting bond.
Please Your Man In Bed With Praise
Please your man in bed with praise and his confidence will grow. I have a friend called Beverley, she is incredibly beautiful and thankfully she’s also modest. Her advice to you is to praise your man in the bedroom because if you don’t he will lose his prowess. Beverley is used to being praised by her man because of her good looks, she also knows that it gives her confidence to know she looks good. She is mindful of the fact that her man also needs praise. When she gives her man praise in the bedroom she knows it will benefit them both because he will be much more settled in the knowledge that what he’s doing is the right thing for her. Praise him on his sexual prowess and tell him what you think he’s really good at, he will respond by wanting to improve his technique even more.
Please Your Man In Bed By Taking The Initiative
Please your man in bed by taking the initiative because you know it’s what he wants. He won’t ask you to take the initiative because he won’t want you to feel pressured. But deep down he would love it if you would take the initiative. Taking the initiative will show him that you want sex which means he hasn’t got to second guess what mood you are in. Taking the initiative will show him that you care for him and want him to enjoy himself. Taking the initiative will show him that you have got a mind of your own and he will love you for this. Your relationship will feel like it’s on an equal footing and you will both know where you stand with each other. When one of you suggests in the future something new to try you will both respond with gusto knowing or guessing who is going to take the initiative.
Please Your Man In Bed With A Massage
Please your man in bed with a massage and you will both enjoy the sensation. I have a friend called Barbara, she goes on lots of holidays with her husband. Whenever her and her husband go on holiday he always heads straight to the spa because he really enjoys a nice massage. Barbara’s advice to you is give your man a massage. Barbara gives her husband a massage because she knows how much he likes them. She says if you are not sure how to give a massage, go to a spa and have a massage yourself, that way you will know what to do and also you will know how lovely it feels. Over time you will find out which areas are particularly sensitive to him, it is knowing about these intimacies about your man that will cement your relationship together for a very long time.
Please Your Man In Bed By Being Spontaneous
Please your man in bed by being spontaneous and your spontaneity will make him feel special. It’s really nice when moments in the bedroom happen spontaneously, it’s great that you feel relaxed in his company and can react to the sensations you are feeling. He will love it that you can respond to him in a way that tells him he is being a considerate lover. If what you are experiencing feels right you will respond spontaneously to his touch and this will give him confidence in the bedroom. If he is confident in the bedroom you will both enjoy the lovemaking a lot more.
Please Your Man In Bed By Slowing Down
You may also be interested in: 3 Easy Ways to Find Out If He’s Cheating On You
Please your man in bed by slowing down and revel in the warmth that your lovemaking brings. I have a friend called Gemma, she was single for several years before she met Matt. Because she’d been single for a while before she met Matt she thought that she should go all out in the bedroom to please him, she admits she quite often approached sex as though it was a race. When she was settled in the relationship and trusted Matt she stopped racing along in the bedroom with poor Matt on tow. Her advice to you is slow down, you don’t have to race to the finish line to enjoy the togetherness that lovemaking brings.
Please Your Man In Bed By Being Romantic
Please your man in bed by being romantic and you will enjoy a dream partnership. Being romantic is a lovely way to show your man how much you care about him. He will know that you don’t just see him as a partner but as a lover as well. You make him feel like a special human being. A lovely romantic gesture you can try is to put roses on the pillows, this conjures up a very special image of romance indeed. It turns an ordinary bedroom into a romantic haven, somewhere you would expect to find in a posh hotel. The look in your eyes will tell him at a glance that you’ve thought of everything that will give him the wonderful experience that is yet to come. The anticipation will be a very powerful emotion for both of you.
Please Your Man In Bed By Being Sensual
Please your man in bed by being sensual because sensuality creates an atmosphere all of its own in the bedroom. I have a friend called Patricia, she is a girly girl and loves everything that sparkles and glitters. Her advice to you is that whilst sensuality can enhance things sexually, it can also enhance your relationship in other ways as well. Patricia says feeding each other strawberries dipped in chocolate can be a very sensual thing to try, she also however says that being sensual in your everyday life and enjoying the world around you, is a sure fire way to enhance the sensuality you will both feel in the bedroom whenever you are in each other’s arms.
Please Your Man In Bed By Being Feminine
Please your man in bed by being feminine and your femininity will capture his heart forever. Being feminine is loving every inch of your body. Your body is what makes you female. Don’t dismiss your curves, your curves are feminine, they make you the woman you are, they make you the woman he first felt attracted to. Your man will be happy for you that you are happy in your own skin. He will respect you for embracing your figure and being yourself rather than what somebody else expects you to be. Being graceful and having good manners will also enhance your femininity. Your man will be proud to be seen with you and he will love the fact that when you are alone together in the bedroom he’s the one that will be enjoying all of your feminine charms.
Please Your Man In Bed By Being Confident
Please your man in bed by being confident and together you will reach the stars. I have a friend called Alison, she knows what she wants and she knows how to get it. Her advice for you is to know that clothes matter, you absolutely will not feel confident in the bedroom when you are wearing an old tattered nightgown with a washed out pair of knickers on underneath. In fact you will positively cringe inside if he reaches over for you because you definitely won’t want him to see what you’ve got on. Alison wants you to know that being confident in the bedroom will come naturally the more you practice. Alison’s motto is ‘practice makes perfect’, and make sure you treat yourself to some lovely new lingerie.
Please Your Man In Bed By Being Happy
Please your man in bed by being happy and the relationship you’re in will be greatly cherished. Everybody wants to be happy, especially your man. When you are happy it makes it easier for him to be happy. Any stresses you both may have felt in the day will be quickly banished when you are in bed together enjoying each other’s company. It’s nice to have an upbeat relationship where you can both feed off the other person’s happiness. Happiness is like an infection, it’s catching. So when you are happy in bed with him, he will catch the infection from you and he will be happy too.
Please Your Man In Bed By Being Honest
Please your man in bed by being honest and there will never be any doubt in his mind that what you are saying and doing is totally truthful. Your man will want reassurance from you that what he is doing is right for you, if it is then tell him so. If on the other hand what he is doing isn’t right for you then you really must tell him. You might feel that you are being critical of him, you are not, you are being incredibly helpful. Your relationship will not work without honesty. You cannot move forward when you are lying to him. You will be doing yourself no favours if you don’t let him know what it is that you like or dislike. In the long run he will appreciate your honesty and the trust that comes with it.
Please Your Man In Bed By Being Playful
Please your man in bed by being playful because he will enjoy the fun side of your nature. I have a friend called Janet, she is 52 years old and she is still as playful in the bedroom with her partner as she was when they first met in 1992. Her advice for you is to do what she does and be playful in the bedroom. Dressing up is one way to be playful. Acting out roles is another way to be playful. Playing strip poker is another way to be playful. Whatever it is that you decide to do to be playful in the bedroom, make sure you are comfortable doing it. It won’t please either of you if you are not comfortable with what you are doing.
Please Your Man In Bed By Not Being Selfish
Please your man in bed by not being selfish and he will admire the thought and concern you show for him. By not being selfish you will be able to share your moments in the bedroom together with better understanding of each other’s needs and wants. He will be able to let you know what he wants without fear of reprisal. He will know that you want to please him and this knowledge will give him the confidence to talk to you about all the things that matter to him. Your relationship will be all the better for listening and understanding each other. By not being selfish, you will be showing him that you recognise the relationship as an equal partnership and there will be no discord between you.
Please Your Man In Bed By Being Well Groomed
Please your man in bed by being well groomed, not only will he appreciate your efforts, your love life will be vastly improved too. I have a friend called Zoe, She is always immaculately dressed and she has been married to David for 28 years. For the whole entire time I have known Zoe, she has always been well groomed. I know her husband David very much admires her. Zoe’s advice for you is to let you know that being well groomed is the starting point to pleasing your man in the bedroom. She says that David’s admiration for her is a step toward the bedroom door before they’ve even swapped pleasantries over the dinner table. The reason for this she says is that he is attracted to her because of the care she takes in getting herself ready for him.
Please Your Man In Bed By Setting The Scene
Please your man in bed by setting the scene, and you will both enjoy being in the zone when you enter the bedroom together. You can set the scene way before it comes to the time when you go to bed. You can set the scene by building up to the grand finale by having dinner out at a nearby restaurant, or you could go to the cinema and watch a romantic movie, knowing what is coming later all adds to the build up of anticipation. When it comes to the bedroom itself you can have the lights turned down low, you can have new satin sheets to climb into, you can have your favourite album playing in the background. All of these things will set the scene beautifully.
Please Your Man In Bed By Showing Devotion
Please your man in bed by showing devotion, and your life together will be a loving one. I have a friend called Kate, she has and always will be devoted to her husband Mike. They share a very special kind of devotion and it is a joy for everybody to witness. Her advice for you is to let you know that life is too short to not let one another know how much they are loved. She wants you to do everything you can to make your man happy. Life is too precious to let time slip by without letting your man know how much he is loved. She says you will reap the rewards of this devotion because over time your man will return that devotion back to you.
Please Your Man In Bed With Mystery
Please your man in bed with mystery and let him solve the puzzle. Don’t reveal everything about yourself in one go. Save somethings about yourself that will be revealed as time goes by. When you are in bed with him and feeling close, its nice to have pillow talk, a time when you can both nestle into each others arms and plan your dreams together. It would be lovely if you could reveal a part of yourself that would fascinate him. A part of you that would make him look at you in a whole different way, his response that he never thought you could do anything as daring or as adventurous as that, would be lovely for you to hear. A piece of the puzzle regarding you would have been solved. All of your revelations will be be very interesting to him and as each part of you is unfolded it will bring you so much closer together.
Please Your Man In Bed By Relaxing
Please your man in bed by relaxing and your time together will flow with a natural vibe. I have a friend called Helen, she is so laid back that nothing seems to phase her. What we would think of as a crisis she would think of as a minor hiccup. Her advice for you is to let things move along at their own pace. Don’t try to force a situation just because it’s what you want. Your man will relax and be himself when you too are relaxed. She says he won’t like it if you are constantly acting stressed. When you are in bed together just let things take their natural course, relax and enjoy the closeness you can share together.
Please Your Man In Bed With Encouragement
Please your man in bed with encouragement and let his confidence grow. Maybe you’ve just met or maybe you’ve been a couple for several years, however long you’ve been together doesn’t come into it when it comes to giving your man encouragement. He will want to know he’s doing everything right for you, especially in the bedroom. Keep giving him the encouragement he needs and you will see him gain in confidence every time you are together. He will know that you care for him because you are always helping and praising him.
Please Your Man In Bed With Passion
Please your man in bed with passion because without passion you can’t have a meaningful and loving relationship. Passion is what lights up your day, it’s what makes you walk through life with a spring in your step. It’s a lovely feeling when you can look into each other’s eyes and see the passion reflected back. A million words could not be said, that would mean as much as that one passionate glance toward each other. You will both know in an instant that the passion you both share is there all the time when you look into each other’s eyes.
I hope that gave you some inspiration. For more inspiration check out our other dating tips for women here.
You may also be interested in: 3 Easy Ways to Find Out If He’s Cheating On You
Every woman has a special way to show her fella that she cares. Maybe it’s surprising him with a small gift he’s wanted forever, but would never get himself. Or maybe it’s giving him an unexpected squeeze every now and then. A true sign of real love: Actually waiting until he gets home to watch the next episode of your favorite show.
But 50 years ago, the idea of pleasing a man was a bit more, um, specific. According to our archives, these guidelines (or borderline rules, if we’re being honest) were our opinion on the tried-and-true ways to make your partner happy. These dozens of suggestions hail from our October 1965 issue, and many may make you scratch your head. We’ve come quite a long way in our approach to relationships.
1. The first and best way to please any man: Be pleased yourself. And don’t be the least bit shy about showing it!
2. Nice wives do the sweetest things! Making him a chocolate cake is one he’d love you to do.
3. Certain foods just can’t miss with men, and one of these sure things is steak. Expensive? Try a low cost option, but make sure to pick one that lets him have plenty to eat!
4. Of course he’ll want to preside over this sumptuous steak. See to it that he has a good, sharp knife to do his slicing — and plenty of elbow room.
5. If vegetables are something he can usually take or leave, surprise him with imaginative ones like peas dotted with tiny white onions or golden carrots with a dash of ginger.
6. After you prepare the food ahead of time, your only other pre-dinner duty? Discreetly disappear!
7. Ask one man, or a dozen, what he likes best for dessert, and he’ll probably say “something chocolate.” Try a dark delicacy to beautifully fit the bill.
8. Half the pleasure of a meal, to a man who’s been rushed all day, is the pleasant company of a wife who has dinner under control, and is relaxed about serving it.
9. Any dish you can take out of the freezer or refrigerator is bound to cut down on the fussing. Just don’t forget to have chocolate sauce handy on a cupboard shelf.
10. This one’s so easy the children can help. You may get more chocolate sauce than you bargained for, but, if they like it, what’s the harm? Daddy will be so proud, they’ll be so pleased — and Mother can just sit there and enjoy the whole show!
11. Another sensible and simple approach is the dessert you can make ahead and refrigerate until serving. Tucked away in the refrigerator, it’s like money in the bank.
12. Planning ahead can help solve the biggest meal problem of all (and the one that gives the jitters to so many cooks): How to make everything come out on time.
13. Dishes that require minimum attention after he arrives set free the nicest time of all — time you can spend with each other.
14. If your intuition tells you he’s weary — and it will, the minute he steps in the door — let dinner wait till he’s had a few minutes’ rest.
15. Unwinding can be a slow process after a trying day. Let dinner take as long as he likes. And end it with a gracious gesture we’re all too inclined to save for company: coffee.
16. Gather everything you need for after-dinner coffee together on a tray. With everything close at hand, you’ll have no excuse to be jumping up and down.
17. A lot of the charm of this gesture will be lost if you haven’t learned (or don’t take the trouble) to make a good cup of coffee. Use careful measuring and a spanking-clean pot.
18. After years of trying to please a particular man, a woman can get into an unfortunate habit: Thinking of her husband as a certain “kind” of man. Remember, we’re all mixtures!
19. We never met a man who didn’t like to sample a new dish at least occasionally. Arouse his curiosity.
20. The drink beside the exotic meal should look and be a worldly one, but it needs to be uncomplicated to concoct.
21. Try meals that have the spirit of adventure but that have foods that are basic and familiar.
22. A glorious meal is something to consider when the boss and his wife come to dinner. Both foods and arrangement should appeal to a man or a woman.
23. Most of us automatically rise to the big occasions, but do we make as much as we might of the small ones? It could be the nicest family get-together of the week, if you gave it a little thought.
24. How long has it been since you forced yourself to fix a dish he loves that you simply can’t stand? If he likes it that much, try to manage it once and a while.
25. He may have pet dishes you’ve never even heard about — take the time to find out.
26. To be prepared for all the meal problems that could arise, a wife really has to keep on her toes — and keep her wits about her! Set yourself up a recipe file.
28. Men like corn bread with their chili, and we think he will too, particularly if it’s made in a loaf. Amazing how impressive you can make a mix just by changing pans!
27. What’s called for on nights when you and he plan to go out — something you can whip up in short order.
29. Now that you can get already cut up fruits in the refrigerated section of the market, try adding them to a salad with fresh greens.
30. On nights when he says he may “be a little late,” you’ll want a dish that is willing to wait.
31. Nights when you won’t be home, you’d be wise to make a main dish in the electric skillet, that he can reheat when he comes home. Leave detailed instructions about what to do and how to do it, and he’s sure to get along absolutely great.
32. Have you come to rely too heavily on a dish you always do the same way? The greatest favorite can become “too much of a good thing” if it’s the same every time.
33. The same monotony is packed in many a lunch box, too, and there’s no excuse for that! Slip a mixture of pickles in a plastic bag; pack a container of coleslaw.
34. Breakfasts? You’re doing well if they’re adequate on hectic weekday mornings. But Sunday there’s time for a leisurely meal and surprises on the menu: hot gingerbread, corn bread or biscuits; sizzling sausages, pancakes or waffles. Won’t those smells get him up in a hurry!
35. Men like their wives to look pretty — hardly ever mind all our beauty products and primping, as long as the result is natural.
36. Let men be the masters of exaggeration (with fish stories, golf, etc.). Shy away from overdone, stark hairdos. Keep yours soft, and bouncy — he’ll rumple it more often.
37. Make him doubly aware of your clean, shiny locks with delicately scented hair spray, in harmony with the perfume he likes you to wear. Reinforce these scents with sweet-smelling bath soaps and with sachets slipped in with lingerie.
38. A pretty, well-kept hairdo should be a daily delight to him, not a special event for company only. Learn your hair type and the products that keep it lovely and controlled. A smart woman reads articles about hair, clips advice on easy care.
39. Men find certain feminine “sins” hard to forgive. Are you guilty of lipstick on your teeth? A slip or strap that shows? Fussing when the wind whips your hair?
40. Neatness, in his eyes, is a feminine virtue, so make your cosmetic corner a shining showcase.
41. Order is fine where it belongs, but don’t let family life get so routine it becomes monotonous. Plan a family bicycle outing or a movie together; talk the teenagers into cooking Saturday breakfast.
42. Stay a winner in the beauty game by keeping up on womanly details. At bath time, brush-scrub stubborn dirt from toes and fingers: clip hangnails; push back cuticles; shave legs and underarms.
43. Every brush stroke adds up to beauty. Use a palm-size complexion brush to gently cleanse and toe facial skin; a long-handled brush to scrub shoulders, elbows and feet.
44. Attractiveness isn’t just a matter of looks. When he comes home, be sure what he hears is as pleasing as what he sees. Bring up topics you can discuss together. Follow a major news story so you know more than a headline’s worth. Read the same paperback books — you’ll find it’s fun comparing notes.
45. Don’t spoil your attractiveness by being a grouch! If you laugh easily, it’s a blessing.
46. Let him see you looking perky each morning: Pink lipstick to brighten your smile, perhaps a ribbon to fix your hairdo fast.
47. When spirits droop, take time to renew your lipstick. A sunny shade in the slim-line design does a neat job ever so quickly.
48. Brush away a busy day with a pressed-powder blusher. One new compact has a light shade for highlighting, a deep rose color for toning down facial features.
49. It’s easy to stay slim when there’s a reason — he likes you that way. Control figure faults with daily exercise and correct posture; watch calories.
50. Plan some evenings out — just you two. These needn’t be budget-breakers. Take advantage of community events — a local band concert, a bowling banquet.
51. When your feet hurt, your expression and disposition show it. Pamper feet by kneading them with cream, exercising them in the tub, wearing a toe pad for a few days.
52. If he says “Let’s go out” at the last minute, be glad you have a home hair dryer. Always buy one with a Good Housekeeping Seal — a wise precaution for you to take, by the way, when buying any beauty product!
53. The average man is pretty much at a loss when it comes to describing his likes and dislikes, or expressing his ideas about what makes a house a home. Understand this, and don’t brood about his seeming lack of interest.
54. He considers the house your province and counts on you to organize and take care of the myriad daily details. He expects to be warmly welcomed into a cheerful house by a relaxed family — meaning especially his wife.
55. Who can be relaxed when she’s just done the washing and ironing? You can, with a cheerful work area.
56. If he tends to blithely dismiss “your” dryer, does he know what it does for him? How it takes care of “his things” from sweaters to sport shirts? Keeps him comfortably supplied with handkerchiefs and shorts? Teamed with a versatile automatic washer, it makes short work of any load from small and tricky to big and extra dirty. And no dripping lines over the bathtub. That you know he likes!
57. To be less tired after a busy day, save up your sit-down chores — mending, phoning, silver polishing, menu planning, ironing — for times when you’re weary.
58. It will delight your husband to see you take a creative interest in gardening, flower arranging, painting, whatever. Don’t be too concerned about results — the fun is in the doing.
59. A too-finicky housekeeper is as annoying as a sloppy one. Be fair to yourself — don’t set impossible goals. And give the family a hand and a voice in projects and problems, without being patronizing — that’s no way to encourage their efforts.
60. Even in these days of instant and automatic everything, a conscientious woman can find more to do around the house than is physically possible. The trick is to make the right choices — to put the effort where it counts the most.
61. While you’re at the medicine cabinet (or wherever he keeps his grooming needs), check his supply to see what needs replenishing. Make a mental note — or add to your list. That’s the kind of thoughtfulness men thrive on!
62. Besides grooming products of the “standard equipment” type, many men have special preferences or needs. If your husband’s an outdoor man, surprise him with a soothing face lotion, colorless lip pomade for windy fall days.
63. Another considerate nod in his direction: When you’re shopping for “the house,” buy something that caters to his convenience at home.
64. If he grumbles that he’s always tripping over toys, invest in a toy chest. A chest for each child might be advisable; a stern lecture on their use is an absolute necessity.
65. Or consider a blender, if you haven’t as yet. True, this workaday appliance will be invaluable to you. But watch it become “his” when he gives it a whirl on some of the things most men make best: party drinks, salad dressings, barbecue sauces, etc.
66. That first-aid kit he’s been asking you to start is right on your supermarket’s shelves (might be wise to make up a second one for the car).
67. A good shoeshine really sets a man up. Nothing to it with an electric shoe polisher and kit.
68. When you have the time, you might make a contribution along the same lines: Give his closet a good straightening, clothes a thorough brushing and a steam press where needed.
69. Disappearing act for grease spots on jackets or slacks: aerosol spot remover. Spray the spot according to directions; a white powder will form as the spray dries; brush this off and the grease disappears, leaving no ring.
70. When he greets you at breakfast with “there’s a button off my shirt,” ask him to wear another and toss that one over a chair. And sew the button on that day.
71. If you send out your husband’s shirts and wash his socks separately, it might be a help if he had a hamper of his own, placed where he can’t miss it.
72. Many ties these days are washable; labels tell you which ones. Hand-wash them in warm suds, rubbing the knot area a bit; rinse and hang to dry.
73. Neat dresser drawers are dear to a man’s heart — and this you can manage with no special effort. Put his things back in order as you’re putting away newly laundered shirts, socks, etc.
74. Host is a role he’ll enjoy a lot more if the right props are there when he needs them. If he’s less than confident about carving for company, by all means get an electric knife.
75. If he always seems to get in an ice jam at parties, give him several ejector trays and an ice-storage caddy. Immediately updates the ice-department of any refrigerator.
76. Yours may be a supporting part, but don’t underestimate its importance. Back him up by planning carefully and doing what you can ahead.
77. Most men like company, but not many we’ve met like to be taken by surprise. They are much more inclined to be sociable (as who isn’t?) with a little advance notice. We suggest a family “calendar of events” kept out where he can scan it occasionally.
78. When it comes to accepting invitations from friends, chances are he’ll leave this pretty much up to you. But it’s only common courtesy (and common sense!) to check with him before you say yes.
79. Another area where cooperation is in order: the handling of family finances. You can relieve a certain amount of money tension by starting even a tiny savings account. Just evidence that spend isn’t all you can do, will take off at least some of the pressure!
80. Set up a special place for bills to be paid — a box or basket on your desk. Then allot one evening a month to writing checks, and you’ll know your credit rating is in good shape.
81. When husbands and wives have joint checking accounts, it’s better for them to draw checks from a single book than for each to carry his or her own. Calls for a bit more comparing of notes, but it’s accurate record-keeping that keeps the family bank account from being overdrawn.
82. When you’re planning to buy a new appliance, make a point of talking it over. Not only is it his money and his house, but he may have some excellent suggestions to make.
83. Take your husband along when you shop — but be sure to brief yourself thoroughly beforehand about brands, features, and the general run of prices. Big appliances are a major and long-term investment; it makes a man uneasy to think his wife may not know what she’s buying.
84. Ask all of the questions you feel are necessary to decide whether the appliance is for you. Don’t be concerned about being “too much trouble” to the salesman–answering questions is part of his job.
85. Then, when you’ve actually taken the plunge, read those instruction books! The woman who really drives men wild is the one who breaks everything she touches.
86. Keep a record of date of purchase, source, model number, and price–all mighty useful information when you want to arrange for service or have to write a letter of complaint.
87. Floor coverings are another area where forethought pays off. Before you do any final deciding, seek the counsel of a good floor dealer.
88. Handyman is an occupation that appeals to some husbands. (If yours isn’t one of them, leave him alone.) But a house always seems to need something done, and even the most enthusiastic “fixer” can get too much of a good thing. Better to list the projects you’d like him to undertake, then, when he has time, let him pick something he’d like to do.
89. When he’s nice enough to volunteer to dry the dishes, be glad–and be organized. Have the scraping and stacking all done, the suds all ready, before you begin. That way, without putting undue strain on his patience, the job will be done in minutes.
90. If you’re lucky enough to have hired housecleaning help, check on her efforts before he gets a chance — even, if necessary, pitching in yourself on the places she’s missed. Don’t let him get the impression that her wages are going to waste.
91. Small chores can, if you let them, become sources of tension — like whose turn it is to take out the dog or the garbage. Make some arrangement about the dog’s schedule — and count on hauling the garbage yourself!
92. Another aggravation in many a house: Who put the car keys where? Mutually agree on some central place or, better yet, have individual sets.
93. Most men spend a lot of time in their cars, for business or pleasure or both. Take a minute to remember to put a supply of paper towels and spray window cleaner in the glove compartment.
94. Another “instant” improvement to make in the car: a small plastic wastebasket made to hang under an automobile dash or on a window crank. When it comes time to do a job on the interior, a lot of the work will already be done.
95. On days when he’s willing to join you in grocery shopping, organize your list in two parts, one for you and one for him. And group them by type so they’re easy to find.
96. Notice what your husband selects for snacks, and keep some on hand for refrigerator raids.
97. Help all you can when he needs a special diet. Follow the diet’s rules to the letter–and encourage him to “do what the doctor ordered.”
98. Any meal, a diet especially, is far pleasanter eaten in an atmosphere of calm. And children, heaven knows, can get on your nerves. Try to keep them under control — and the same goes for your voice when you discipline them.
99. A worry-free way to get away from children occasionally: Exchange babysitting duties with a friend or neighbor. You both get free time, and you know your youngsters are with someone who is dependable.
100. Having to watch a woman clean house can make a man as uncomfortable as seeing her in rollers or face cream. Try to schedule your chores so as many as possible are done when he’s not around to be a captive audience.
101. Some areas are always more trouble than others. Put a transparent-plastic rug protector at the front entrance, if only in self-defense.
102. When a man walks in the house, he doesn’t necessarily care if it’s absolutely immaculate. What he wants is a few minutes’ peace and quiet to rest up. When he’s ready to “rejoin the family,” he’ll let you know.
103. We don’t mean that first impressions don’t make a difference. A general sense of disorder can ruin an entire evening.
104. Men rarely mention it, but most of them like growing plants and fresh flowers in a room.
105. It’s not very pleasant to make up to a messy house. Even when company stays late, you can empty and wash the ashtrays, rinse out coffee cups and glasses. And won’t you be glad you did!
106. The nights your husband is out, on business or with the boys, is heaven-sent time to catch up on your own duties. Or pursue your personal interests, such as sewing or reading.
107. A wonderfully thoughtful thing to do as you read: Mark or clip magazine or newspaper articles he’d be interested in. At an opportune time, draw them to his attention.
108. If your husband has a particular interest, you might try to develop an interest in it, too. Shared interests stimulate your minds, and help keep relationships close.
109. Never get so bogged down with the “mechanics of living” that you have no time to spare for fun. If he’s enthusiastic about golf, let the dishes go and get our your clubs. Who cares if your game isn’t too great?
110. He may, on the other hand, be one of those men who’d rather play golf or bowl with his man friends. That, we’d say, is prerogative — just as changing your mind is yours.
111. Business trips out of town are probably not his idea of pleasure — or yours either. Rise above personal feelings, pack his bag cheerfully and give him a smiling send-off.
112. Get all the enjoyment you can out of that long-awaited vacation by giving the matter a lot of serious thought. And plan to put some money aside, even if it’s only a little.
113. Make plans, too, to look your prettiest on vacation. This might be the perfect opportunity to wear clothes of a kind he rarely gets to see you in — short and sassy for the beach, a bit slinky for the evening.
114. You may want to consider a change in your hair; at least in its style, perhaps its color. Don’t do anything extreme that he’ll really dislike. But he’ll like the younger look that comes from enriching your natural shade with a long-lasting rinse.
115. Even if you already wear some eye makeup, why not “try on” some more dramatic effects? In advance, of course, so you can be sure you like the result, and can wear it with assurance when the time comes.
116. If you’ve been following the lipstick trends in GH, you know the new shades are bolder. Make it last, apply fine-grained baby powder, then lipstick.
117. Make a conscious effort to stand straight and proud, whether you’re small of stature or naturally tall. Elegant posture is a feminine asset all men admire and every woman can have.
118. If your figure’s not quite what you’d like it to be, now’s the time to start doing something about it. Keep at it, and you’ll see and feel results in a few weeks.
119. Catnap-substitutes: Dust feet liberally with talcum, change shoes and heel heights. Brush hair briskly before styling. Stretch away the kinks every chance you get.
120. When you return from your vacation, may you be rejuvenated, refreshed and ready for anything! But don’t be surprised if you’re glad and grateful to be home. Enjoy it!
TELL US: What do you think of this vintage list?
• 8 Things I Wish I Did Differently in My Marriage
• These Were the “New” Hairstyles of 1961
• 10 Surprising Things That Ruin Relationships
Photo Credit: Good Housekeeping/Getty Images